Holy cow indeed with ‘85 comments’ so far on my last post!
It has certainly been mind blowing to say the least, especially since this ONE POST has generated nearly double the number of comments received from my previous 120 posts combined!
It’s freakin’ amazing and I’ve got to say I am PUMPED TO THE MAX!
So what did I do differently in that post that created so much conversation?
Well, quite frankly, I just followed the advice given to me by my mentor, Alex Jeffreys. And that advice was simply to write about my experience with Internet marketing. In other words, I wrote my story.
The energy created with the overwhelming number of responses has been incredible! This obviously resonated with everybody as most people are still in that situation I was in for four years. But since this post, titled ‘Four Years Later and No Dream House?’, things are beginning to happen and I’m very excited to continue my journey and help you guys out.
Alex Jeffreys’ guidance for me to tell my story has been right on target. I’m going to continue applying his recommendations and will share what I’m doing on my journey.
Alex suggests we identify three things to work on next and that we hold ourselves accountable to get those three things completed. But before getting to the next steps, I wanted to assess how things were going by looking at what went well and what didn’t go so well.
On the up side:
– I took action and wrote my story. In my previous four years online I hadn’t had this kind of dialogue with others in the IM industry. For the most part it had been a one-way conversation from me to them. I wanted to engage with my readers but just didn’t know how. And now, thanks to Alex, I’ve been able to do that by simply telling my own story. I will let you in on a little secret though – it took me way longer to write it than Alex may think, but it has more than paid off!
– Traffic was great. And Alex helped me out here a lot by sending visitors to my site. So I owe him a big thank you for that! I also sent emails out to my loyal members and wrote some tweets on Twitter.
On the other side:
– Wasn’t prepared for the overwhelming response and still haven’t personally been in contact with everyone. But I will be making contact and ask for your patience.
– Had some technical issues – replies were not being nested under the applicable comments and had blocked comments. These were simple fixes with options in the WordPress settings.
So moving forward my next three steps will be:
1. Continue to respond and personally connect with you, my readers 🙂
2. Reach out to others who are struggling and invite them into our community.
3. Improve my blog design to present a more open style of communication. I’m currently working with a contractor to help me do this.
So there you have it, my next steps moving forward. Stay tuned and I will let you know how things are progressing.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments just post below, I’m here to help out!
Keepin’ It Fresh,